62 variants via one global tool: Grundfos shows how it's done
As a leading supplier in pump and water technology, Grundfos has established an extraordinary workflow to inform customers about its own product range: More than 60 price lists of around 500 pages each are produced in parallel via a global tool.
In this presentation, Thomas Heuchert, PxM Consultant at Grundfos, and Michael Giesen, Head of Department IT Consultant at Laudert, report directly from practice. What challenges did you have to overcome? Resource planning, data consolidation, project planning, time management - all these were important topics to achieve the goal of a stringent, uniform workflow for a global application.
- How a globally successful company thinks and coordinates price list creation
- How tens of thousands of pages can be produced simultaneously via one tool
- Helpful food for thought for project planning and implementation of international IT projects
- What special data requirements exist in a global project - and how to meet them
- The advantages of a phase-based approach to maintain calm and an overview in time-, resource- and performance-critical projects for both people and systems
About Thomas Heuchert
Thomas Heuchert is PxM Consultant at Grundfos. Thomas has been working at Grundfos in a wide variety of positions for 11 years. His current tasks include data distribution and the publication of intelligent platforms that simplify work in the company. He has an affinity for all kinds of digitization and process simplification. Blockchain is one of his current passions.
About Michael Giesen
Michael Giesen has been with Laudert GmbH + Co KG, Europe's most effective partner for holistic product and brand communication, since 2010. As department head of IT consulting, he has a comprehensive market overview in the areas of PIM and MAM with a focus on automated and web-based print production. He has already successfully managed projects for customers such as ABUS, Brillux, CLAAS, E/D/E, Grohe AG, Grundfos, Blanco as well as Jack Wolfskin. With his consulting expertise, Michael Giesen forms an essential interface between the areas of media production and media IT for customers, partners and Laudert employees.
He has been working in the media industry for over 20 years since completing his studies in media informatics at the Westfälische Hochschule with a six-month stint abroad in Australia.