Optimazation in catalog creation process and target group-specific print media
Strong print media production for DEKO-LIGHT with SDZeCOM & priint:comet
The requirements of DEKO-LIGHT Elektronik Vertriebs GmbH for our Enterprise Solution and Implementation Partner SDZeCOM were clearly formulated:
- Optimization of the catalog creation process
- Minimization of the high manual effort involved in the creation of print publications
- Additional creation of additional print media, such as target group, sales, novelty and trade fair catalogs as well as campaign-related product flyers without adding additional major effort
THE INITIAL SITUATION:
- High volume of print media: approx. 600-page main catalog "LIGHT impressions" and 1,700 product data sheets
- Creation of print media through very high manual effort
- This means several correction and release loops
- Time required for creation before conversion was 4-6 months per catalog variant
- Additional burden on other resources
BUT WHY THIS EFFORT?
- Dynamic markets and rapid growth
- Steadily increasing number of products with ever shorter life cycles
- Need for new language variants due to international markets
- Trend towards target group-specific and customer-specific catalogs
- Through this: Updating and creation of new product catalogs is becoming more and more complex
THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION & TOOLS USED:
DEKO-LIGHT commissioned our Enterprise Solution Partner SDZeCOM with delivering the project including the implementation of the priint:comet. SDZeCOM have been one of the first companies in Germany to successfully implement database publishing projects since 1995.
Our software component priint:comet for database-supported print publishing functions as an InDesigentation plug-in. This provides semi-automated or fully automated InDesign documents to be created and subsequently updated at any time.
- SDZeCOM implemented our market-leading publishing tool priint:comet
- Creation of semi-automated or fully automated InDesign documents by priint:comet
- Subsequent updating of documents by priint:comet
DEKO-LIGHT's wide-ranging product portfolio includes home and business solutions for indoor and outdoor use, industrial lamps for trade fair construction and shopfitting and innovative control systems. The products are sold successfully worldwide through sales partners. An online shop for commercial customers and various print media with pages containing powerful messages, all round off DEKO-LIGHT's multi-channel product communication.
Michael Brotzel is Head of Product Management at DEKO-LIGHT and sums up the implementation goals as follows:
"With the professional implementation by SDZeCOM, we want to create our print media much more efficiently. On the other hand, we are creating a promising foundation for both multilingual and customer-specific product catalogs"