If it doesn’t fit, make it fit. Automatic layout adjustment of InDesign documents with priint:adjust
Everyone who works in print publishing is familiar with the following awful situation: the format of an InDesign document must be changed, but the aspect ratio can’t be changed proportionally. This occurs with ads, label printing and in the creation of in-store materials. For those who are used to tackling such problems with a calculator and ruler, we now offer a simpler solution: priint:adjust. This is an InDesign plug-in that allows you to enter size adjustment rules using a simple graphic interface. The rules can be applied via the InDesign workstation or InDesign server.
In tablet publishing this task arises in a totally new form. For each publication that not only has to be printed in the conventional manner but also produced in a tablet edition, multiple layout adjustments are required. For this purpose priint:adjust offers powerful, professional functions that go way beyond the relevant InDesign standard.
The core functions of priint:adjust at a glance
- Intuitive entry of rules
- Parametrization of rules
- Rules for handling image cut-outs
- Rule-based sizing of text
- Preview functions for size changes
- Support for variable trim
- Linking with database publishing functions of priint:comet, e.g. for customizing content
- Execution of rules at the InDesign workstation or InDesign server
- Support for current InDesign versions for Windows and MAC OS X
- Definition of new rules via the scripting API of priint:adjust / priint:comet
- Integration in the priint:comet whiteboard